12.18.2005

Taco Bowls


This is less of a recipe and more of an assembly line list. I make these Taco Bowls as a pre-lunch or evening snack for the film crew I work with but it is a great idea for a group dinner or anytime you have to feed picky eaters. I have said it before but letting people assemble their own food empowers them and makes your life so much easier. Here is all you do so that you can hear the same magic words I do, "Taco Bowls? They are my favorite!"

1 stack bowls (depends how many people you are having)
1 large bowl shredded lettuce (you can buy a bag of "Shreds" in the grocery store, or just shred your own I like iceburg but romaine is great too)
1 medium bowl crushed tortilla chips (slightly open the bag then hit it with something hard to break up the chips, this is super fun)
1 medium bowl Seasoned Ground Turkey or Beef (use extra lean for less calories and fat, brown it, add a good amount of salt, pepper, cumin, chili powder, and what ever else you like, drain the fat if necessary, NOT DOWN YOUR DRAIN, you'll ruin your pipes, put the fat in a can or bowl and let it congeal and then throw it away)
1 medium bowl BEANS!!! or refried beans (I just posted this recipe)
1 small bowl salsa (from the jar or I make my sidewalk salsa)
1 small bowl sour cream
1 medium bowl shredded cheese
1 small bowl pickled jalepenos
1 small bowl chopped fresh cilantro
1 small bowl chopped white onion
1 small bowl lime wedges
1 small bowl sliced black olives

Arrange all the bowls on a big table, make sure and put the messy stuff near the front, like salsa and shredded cheese or else all of your ingredient bowls will become littered with the spills.

No comments: