7.05.2006

Rosemary Skewers



I had just a ton of Rosemary left over from a job I worked on at MK for Pizza. There were piles and piles of fresh herbs in the background of the commercial so I gladly took a bunch off their hands. But when I got home I realized, I don't really like rosemary, why did I take home so much rosemary, I'm always bitching when people put a lot of rosemary in some dish. But then I also realized, I have some chicken breasts and I could cut up the chicken and skewer it on the rosemary. Would it work? Would it taste to "rosemary-y"? Yes! And NO! It was awesome. My friend Cayner came over to help me move a cedar chest to my basement and we filled ourselves full of chicken skewers and a bottle of vine Verde wine from Trader Joe's ($3.99 and so good). All I did to make these beauties was strip most of the leaves from the rosemary stalks. Then I trimmed the ends on an angle, to make a sharp point like a needle. I threaded three or four pieces of chicken on each, sprinkled with salt and pepper and drizzled with a bit of olive oil. I cooked them on my grill pan for about 3 minutes on each side. Wow, I'm telling you this is good, right Cayner?

No comments: