3.21.2006

3 Tier Angel Food Cake

Isn't this the coolest Angel Food cake pan you've ever seen? The mold/pan is designed to create three tiers with out having to cook three little cakes, I thought it was so beautiful!
I found this CRAZY pan at the Unique Thrift store by my place. I go there pretty much every Monday because that day
everything is half off. I am a cheap person, and I am proud of that fact. This mold was $1.20. It has the little feet to rest it upside down but I love hanging the cake on a bottle to cool (usually a liquor bottle, what does that say about me?). Oh you've never heard of hanging a cake upside down to cool? Oh you don't believe me? Oh you think that the cake would fall out of the pan? Step OFF! It's true the most fun part of making an Angel Food cake whether you use a mix or make it from scratch (both are delicious) is if you have a pan (like this one) with a hole in the center you can hang it upside down to cool (long loaf pans also cool upside down but just use their little feet, not as exciting I assure you). Oh you still don't believe me? You don't grease the pan so I swear it will stick and not fall, it needs to cool that way because it's mostly egg whites and will collapse into itself if you cool it the regular way. I served this with the obvious berries and more on side, chocolate sauce for drizzling and whipped cream, OUCH it was good!

No comments: